I'm not saying I don't find this appalling; I do. However, I think that the continued bitching about it isn't going to accomplish anything, and as I said in the subject line, I'm not leaving. Boycott as you like; don't give them any more money and see what happens. Maybe something will - I haven't got a clue. I'm not a lawyer and I'll leave it to those who are to weigh in on all of that. I have a perm account, and even if I didn't, I still wouldn't leave because of the things I LIKE here. Things like:
- Communities for fandoms of ALL kinds (they're not all gone, and yes, I don't agree with some of the deletions, but again... we've been over this)
- Communities so I can get the quickest news about HP, 30STM, icons, or whatever the hell else might catch my fancy
- Communities for my new area so I can ask about the best sushi restaurants
- Being able to easily keep in touch with friends all over the world
- Playing in my RPG, which is entirely on LJ
Now, I'm sure that others can come up with other things that they enjoy about LJ, and the reasons they'd stay. What are your reasons?
Feel free to pimp this post out if you'd like, but if you want to be negative or tell me that I'm sticking my head in the sand, you'll be shown the proverbial door. You can call me Pollyanna, but you can't call me stupid. I think that we need to focus on the positive, people. You probably won't hear me this positive again in, oh, a zillion years, so I suggest running with it while you can. :P