<td align="middle">the Asserter
Thanks for taking the test ! </td></tr>
<td>you chose AY - your Enneagram type is EIGHT.
"I must be strong"
Asserters are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
- Stand up for yourself... and me.
- Be confident, strong, and direct.
- Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
- Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- Give me space to be alone.
- Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
- I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
- When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Eight
- being independent and self-reliant
- being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- being courageous, straightforward, and honest
- getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
- supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- upholding just causes
What's Hard About Being a Eight
- overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
- being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
- sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
- never forgetting injuries or injustices
- putting too much pressure on myself
- getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right
Eights as Children Often
- are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
- are sometimes loners
- seize control so they won't be controlled
- fugure out others' weaknesses
- attack verbally or physically when provoked
- take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
Eights as Parents
- are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
- are sometimes overprotective
- can be demanding, controlling, and rigid
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele
<td width="66" bgcolor="#b2cfff" height="20"></td>
<td width="84" bgcolor="white"></td></tr></tbody></td>
Link: The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test written by felk on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test
21 Sanguine, 28 Melancholy, 78 Choleric, 7 Phlegmatic
|Hail to you who is Choleric!|
The firm control when others ar losing theirs. The cut of decision for foggy minds. The grip of leadership to head us to the good. The willingness to take a chance in a doubtful situation. The confidence to hold true in the face of ridicule. The independence to stand alone and be counted. The road map to life when we've gone astray. The urge to "take arms against a sea of troubles by opposing them."
Here is how you rock:
You are a born leader, strong willed, active, dynamic, decisive, not easily discouraged, unemotional, independent, self-sufficent, confident, with a compulsive need for change & to correct wrongs, and you can run anything. At work you are goal oriented, you see the whole picture, seek practical solutions, quickly move into action, delegate, organize well, insist on production, stimulate activity and thrive on opposition. As a friend, you have less need for friends than other temperments. You'll work for group activity, lead, organize, and you excell in emergencies. You are usually right.
Here is how you suck:
First of all you don't think there is anything wrong with you. You think you are always right, so you can't be wrong. You'll probably think the following aren't even weaknesses. You are impatient, impetuous, inflexible, unsympathetic, bossy, quick tempered, dominating, and too busy. You can't relax, you won't let others relax, you like to argue, you won't give up when you are losing, you won't admit you are wrong, and basically you come on too strong. In the workplace, you have little tolerance for mistakes, you don't compliment others instead you are rude and tactless, you make rash decisions by glossing over details (unless you have a melancholly edge to you), you are manipulative & demanding. As a friend you tend to use people, dominate, decide for others, know everything, think you can do everything better than everyone else, be unapologetic, and be too independent.
But seriously, you are freaking awesome. The rest of us are just irritated that you make us wrong and don't realize that you are annoying us. We love you, we need you. You make EVERYTHING happen and without you we just sit around doing nothing, or planning, or leaping into things and not finishing. All we ask is that you try to understand our personality types and let us be right too. Once you learn and accept how others are different than you, you can more easily get them to do what you want ;-)
|Link: The Personality Plus Profiler Test written by mahdroo on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
I've probably proven everything these tests have said by spending an extra 20-odd minutes fixing the HTML in both results because they looked wrong to me. -.- Shut up.