Drake's been acting since he was quite young. I'll mention the better-known shows and movies, but there are many more (IMDB if you want the entire list).
* Guest appearances Minor roles on episodes of Home Improvement, Seinfeld, The Drew Carey Show and The Pretender.
* TV miniseries The Neon Bible, The Jack Bull, and Chasing Destiny (this one in particular is important as this is how he started with music - Roger Daltrey was also in this movie and taught him to play guitar when they weren't filming).
* TV shows The Amanda Show Amanda Bynes' show on Nickelodeon - it was really a sketch comedy show for the tween set. He was a regular.
Drake & Josh This is what he's currently best known for - he stars with Josh Peck as stepbrothers who are thrown together when Drake's mom and Josh's dad marry when the boys are about 14. It's very funny and while it is on Nickelodeon, some of the jokes can be above the heads of the kidlets.
* Movies Jerry Maguire (He's the kid who gives Tom Cruise the finger - gotta love him just for that), High Fidelity, and Yours, Mine and Ours.
* Music He released his first CD, Telegraph, on his own label about a year ago, but he recently signed a deal with a major label, Universal, and his new CD is expected in early December. If you have any interest in purchasing Telegraph I suggest you do so soon, as it's expected to be pulled from the shelves and production.
I could say a whole lot more on why I like him but I don't want to bore anyone (if you lasted this long, kudos!). Suffice it to say, I think he's on the brink of becoming a big star - he's extremely talented.
A minor note - at the end of December last year, Drake was in a bad car accident. He likes older cars and was in one of them, and older cars don't have airbags. He was hit head-on by the other driver, who apparently fell asleep at the wheel. The steering column went through his chin and knocked out a number of teeth, plus broke his jaw and injured his neck. His jaw was wired shut for a few months and the final season of Drake & Josh was delayed due to the accident. He now has a scar on his chin (it can be seen in some photos, if they don't airbrush it out), but he's pretty much fully healed.
For those of you in the US, the new - and last - season of Drake & Josh premieres tomorrow evening on Nick.
For those of you in the UK, expect the new season to begin airing during half-term, the week of October 20th.