* Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
* If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. $250,000 (or more, but I figure that's the minimum to have surgery, pay for gym membership and personal trainer, pay off all debts, help my family and friends a bit and still have enough to invest for the future - see, not terribly greedy...)
2. My ex-boyfriend to love me and want me again
3. To be healthy and mobile again (the fight with the insurance company over and surgery fully paid for and done within the next 3 months)
4. The ability to move to England without having to marry anyone (i.e. job, loads of cash, or school - hook me up if you know a way)
5. A new computer - mine has been on its last legs for a while now
6. Gift certs to Lane Bryant or the Avenue (as I hope to be changing sizes rapidly next year and will need new clothes regularly)
7. Anything off my Amazon Wish List
8. Someone to design my LJ layout - either an HP Trio design or CSI design featuring Sara and Grissom plus anyone else you can fit in
9. Fics of any length, smut preferred but not necessary - Pairings: 1) Trio, 2) Harry/Ron, 3) Ron/Hermione, 4) Hermione/Luna, 5) Luna/Ginny
10. An icon that makes you think of me in some way or that will make me smile
No idea if I'll have any time online over the long weekend - have a nice holiday if you're celebrating it!