Vicki (hermorrine) wrote,

  • Mood:
  • Music:

I'm 33 for a moment...

Happy birthday to me, I guess. For some reason, 33 seems so much older than 32. I know this makes no logical sense. Hush.

Now, I lost the LJ writeup of last weekend earlier today, so here is what will be a shorter version, no doubt.

zorac's plane from NYC finally got in an hour and a half late. It was late enough that we decided to go to dinner before checking into the hotel and headed over to Sweet Tomatoes, which is a soup, salad and bakery buffet restaurant. We both tried a number of things, but I especially enjoyed the soup and soft serve ice cream as I still wasn't feeling all that great. Then we checked into our lovely hotel and settled in for the night.

Saturday morning we woke up and went downstairs for the free breakfast buffet. It was quite excellent, even including a chef making any omelet you wanted! Of course, Mark doesn't like eggs much so I was the only one who thought that was cool. After we ate, we headed back to the room to cuddle and watch some TV. Raiders of the Lost Ark was on so we settled in for that, and then Temple of Doom came on. I started feeling sleepy, no doubt due to being sick, so I asked Mark if he minded if I took a little nap. He didn't, so I cuddled against his chest and went to sleep with his arm around me. I know it sounds silly, since I was asleep, but it was just really wonderful. I woke up about an hour later and managed to watch the rest of ToD and then The Last Crusade when it came on. We also had a snack - Mark brought Twiglets, Jaffa Cakes and steak and black pepper flavored potato chips and I brought salt and vinegar chips and Terra chips. Twiglets are odd - I really don't know about them. I don't hate them, but I don't really like them, either. Jaffa cakes are another story - they are nummy! The potato chips weren't bad, though. Later on we headed out for dinner - we went to the Rainforest Cafe. It was certainly an interesting experience - VOLCANO! - and the food was quite good as well. We got fun drinks and got to keep the glasses - I had Mark take both as he will use them. We headed back to the hotel afterwards and watched a bit of the Olympics.

On Sunday morning we went down to the breakfast buffet again, then came back to the room and rested for a bit before putting on our swimsuits and heading down to the pool and generally behaving like 10-year-olds. Of course, we had to wait for some actual 10-year-olds to be dragged outside by their mother before we could have the entire indoor pool to ourselves, but then we had lots of fun. There was a lot of Mark picking me up and spinning me around, and we also played with the random!pink!pool!noodle. We also tried the hot tub, but as it was set to BOIL - not kidding here, it was the hottest hot tub I've ever experienced - I was in it for less than a minute, although Mark somehow stayed longer. After a few hours we headed back upstairs, then watched some more Olympics and I took another nap on Mark's chest. We then headed out to dinner at an Italian restaurant called Pizazz where we had excellent food and cocktails for my birthday dinner. When we got back to the hotel, Mark gave me my birthday present. Here it is:

SQUEEE!!!! Isn't it gorgeous?! And as the chain's so long it fits me nicely. I LOVE IT! <33333333

Monday morning we got downstairs later than usual and had the lunch buffet instead of breakfast, but we didn't mind - it was a nice change. After that we packed and checked out, and then we attempted to find a Kohl's so that Mark could buy some new jeans. We had time to kill as we couldn't check into the hotel by the airport for a few hours, so we just drove around hoping we'd run into one (we were near where I'll be moving to next month, but I don't know the area very well yet, hence the guessing). Instead we found what seemed like every store under the sun but a Kohl's. As we drove around we listened to both Shrek soundtracks and I was excited to find that "Like, Wow" by Leslie Carter is on the first soundtrack. I was so excited that I sang it loudly in my stuffed-up voice, much to Mark's amusement. Finally I gave up and we headed back to The Mall That Ate Illinois to Sears, where they happened to be having a denim sale. Mark tried on every type of Levi's except the low rise (I tried but he wasn't having that) and finally settled on the type he found most comfortable. We then attempted to buy said jeans, but we got sent away from one register, and then had to wait in the line at the other. While in said line I caught the girls behind us giving Mark the "What the hell are you doing with her?" look. Hrrumph. Anyway, we grabbed a refreshing shake at Ben and Jerry's and then went to check in at the other hotel. We cuddled for a while, then went to dinner at Chili's where Mark had nachos for the first time. After dinner we cuddled while watching the Olympics, yelling often at the gymnasts because none of them seemed capable of sticking their dismounts. Soon it was time for bed.

Tuesday morning we woke far too early for cuddles and kisses before Mark had to go to the airport. He took the shuttle and I went back to sleep alone before heading to work. I woke up feeling very bereft without him.

It was a really wonderful long weekend. And we're not going to wait that long to see one another again, if at all possible. So, is it October yet?

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
← Ctrl ← Alt
Ctrl → Alt →
← Ctrl ← Alt
Ctrl → Alt →