1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Loads of things... getting a passport and going to another country is a good one.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes - best friend Y had her son in March (and she's now preggers with the next one, due next June) and my sister had the twins in September.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
England. Three times.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 28th - when zorac and I met for the first time.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hrmmm. Nimbus? Keeping RS going more or less smoothly? Not killing any family members?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably just money issues.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The same chronic illnesses I've had for years.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My sister and brother-in-law.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
OotP, Nimbus, anytime zorac and I saw each other.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
"Bliss" by Alice Peacock.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Both
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Depends on how you look at it.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spend time with zorac.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Decidedly un-Xmassy. My brother will be home and we're going to cook lasagna for dinner. I intend to watch lots of Queer Eye.
21. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Yes. In some sense of that phrase, as I'm not sure I agree with the generally accepted idea of "falling in" love - but that's a post for some other day.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Queer Eye for the Straight Guy
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I'm annoyed and disgusted by some people, but I wouldn't say I hated anyone.
25. What was the best book you read?
I have to say OotP - I thought it was excellent. But it's not like I'm sitting around reading books that require Deep Thought so I'm not sure I'd ever give a good answer here.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Blah. I haven't made a true musicial discovery in years.
27. What did you want and get?
How about what I didn't know I wanted and got? That would be zorac.
28. What did you want and not get?
A million dollars, good health.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Love Actually. I think I may see it again over the holiday period.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Not much - they had an HP cake for me at work though. I was 32.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If zorac and I hadn't been so far from each other most of the time.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
33. What kept you sane?
zorac and many of you. <3
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Brendan Frasier, Keira Knightley
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The usual - gay rights and abortion.
36. Who did you miss?
My grandmother. I always will.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Gee, I wonder what the answer here could be? zorac
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003:
Never think that something can't happen. Good or bad, it still can.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Too many possibilities.